Packets are available now.
Preschool Registration Packets are Available in the Elementary Office
Again this year the Preschool will not have a traditional in-person meeting. Packets are available in the elementary office and must be completed to ensure your student has a spot in the program. During the week of May 17-20, our teachers and principal are available to give a tour of the rooms and answer individual questions. To arrange a time please send an email to email@example.com.
The Westwood Community School District, as part of the State-Wide Voluntary Preschool Program, offers free preschool for children who turn four years old on or before September 15, 2021.
Important information about our preschool programs:
- Utilize Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive learning experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Taught by state certified teachers in early childhood and early childhood special education. Each classroom is also staffed with paraeducators who meet the state of Iowa’s criteria for highly qualified early childhood paraeducators.
- Provide an inclusive preschool experience for all students including those with Individualized Education Programs
- Accredited through the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards
- At the current time the preschool program is open on regular school days throughout the year, Monday through Thursday.
Please call the office for more information!